2018-19 Sr Exam Exemption Guidelines
Qualifying seniors will be eligible to exempt their final exam in the spring of 2019 for each class in which they meet the following guidelines:
- Must earn a minimum semester average of 80% in the course by Friday, May 10, 2019.
- Participation in the state-required school administration of ACT WorkKeys test.
ACT WorkKeys measures and certifies the essential work skills needed for success in jobs across industries and occupations. Students must achieve a Silver Level Master (Level 4) of the ACT WorkKeys test.
- Students must complete and achieve a Silver Level Mastery (Level 4) of the required ACT WorkKeys Preparation assignments through Key Train Program, September 4th, 2018 - October 1st, 2018. Core teachers and administrators will determine requirements and completion status.
- Students may have NO MORE THAN 2 unexcused absences in the Spring semester (January 7th - May 10th). Note: Attending Saturday School allows for makeup work to be counted but does not remove unexcused absences.
- Students may have NO MORE THAN 3 unexcused check-ins in the Spring semester (January 7th - May 10th). Note: Attending Saturday School allows for makeup work to be counted but does not remove unexcused check-ins.
- Seniors will be required to have an exit interview in early April (Date TBD) regarding their post-graduation plans. This is a required meeting that must be kept to earn exemption status.
- The principal of Spain Park High School, or his administrative designee, will have the final authority in all decisions involving senior exam exemption privilege.