Back to School Updates
**SEE LATEST BACK-TO-SCHOOL UPDATES HERE- LAST UPDATED 8/19/2020**
Here's the link to our virtual tour of the school.
These were just posted on the district website. Here is the link as we have posted on our BG website also. These are by neighborhood and bus stop/drop-off. Parents, if you would be willing to send a quick email with your child's bus number to your homeroom teacher this would greatly help them.
We want to thank you for the overwhelming support, well-wishes, and prayers as we prepare for this student restart. Today's parade was a way to show our excitement and to celebrate your child. We realize the importance of safety as we prepare for day and week #1. We ask for your continued support and grace as we navigate these new waters together. We've got this!
Here is transportation information...
Watch our BG Carpool Video to help get your child ready for arrival at BGIS in the mornings.
Temporary Carpool Tags have been mailed to you and should arrive in time to have for the first day of school. We will send home permanent tags in student backpacks.
Linked HERE is the district site with the bus routes tool. Just plug in your address and get your pick up/drop off info as well as bus #. If you don't see your route listed right away continue to check back as this information is updated frequently.
Medication Drop Off - please use the sign up Genius link below to select a time to drop off and sign in medication for your child for the 2020-2021 school year. Our school nurse will meet you at this time in the front office and take care of you.
Medication Drop Off Signup
Carpool Information - All BGIS students will receive a carpool number this year. In the mail this week you should receive a temporary paper carpool number. Use this picking up your child on the first day of school. We will send permanent tags home with students in backpacks if not picked up at Meet the Teacher today.
Linked below are two videos that help our students know what to expect on the bus and in the lunchroom at BGIS. Please have your child watch these videos created by our district personnel. We will have more videos coming later.
This is just a reminder of a few important dates and times. Keep watching the school website and calendar for up-to-date information.
- Friday, August 14th - Placement emails will go out. We are changing rosters even today as staffing adjustments are needed. This email will be from your child's homeroom teacher (3rd grade) or team teachers (4th & 5th grade).
- Monday, August 17th - Virtual and In Person Meet the Teacher. Times and links will come from your classroom teachers on Friday.
- Wednesday, August 19th - BGIS Student/Parent Kickoff Drive Thru - This will be a celebration event to allow families to drive students through campus following the new carpool line and see our staff welcoming them and celebrating the start to this new year. We don't want day #1 to be the first time they see us in our masks and face shields, so hopefully this will ease some of the anxiety. It also allows us to show just how excited we are to have our students back, both in person and virtually.
- Thursday/Friday (20th/21st) - These are the first days of school for all students in person or virtual.
-Virtual Students will all begin on Thursday (20th).
-In Person Students with a last name A-L: begin in person on the 20th & remotely on the 21st.
-In Person Students with a last name M-Z: begin remotely on the 20th & in person on the 21st.
- We are still working on a plan for virtual students to pick up Chromebooks and Supply Packs. When we get confirmation of Chromebooks we will set that date and plan.
Meet the Teacher - We will have the following events on Monday, August 17th.
-3rd Grade Meet-the-Teacher - time slot sign up coming soon
-New to Hoover Meet-the-Teacher - time slot sign up coming soon
-Returning 4th/5th Grade Virtual Meet-the-Teacher - times & links coming soon
Chromebook Covers - This is just a reminder to any of our new students that you must provide a hard Chromebook cover before taking your device home - You will get your new device soon after school begins - here are links to items that fit our devices
Items for Sale
Log in to MySchoolFees to purchase your BGIS Spirit Shirt and Mask Packs - If you have an account from SSC (3rd Graders) you can follow the prompted instructions to add your account under BGIS and make any purchases.
Whether your child attends BGIS in-person or virtually to start the 2020-2021 school year, it is important to get to know their school family. You will hear from classroom teachers at each grade level closer to time for school to start, but we want to help students become more familiar with our staff. Use the Flipgrid link below to view a short intro video from some of our school support staff members. This first share will not include our entire staff, but should start to give some familiar faces before school starts. We will post access to this grid on our website along with other welcome resources....that way your child can go back and re-watch as often as needed.
Flipgrid Password: bgis2020
We look forward to meeting you soon!
Linked below are three videos giving some specifics of the BGIS Restart Plan. We know the importance of your decision by Monday, July 20 for your child to begin school this fall in person vs. virtual and we want to support you in through that decision.
To read more of the district's general restart plan use this link