Summer Reminders & Updates
We hope your summer is going well. As we plan for 2019-20 we wanted to touch base with a few dates and event reminders to help you plan.
- Saturday, July 27th - Dad's Brigade Event (starts at Home Depot for kickoff 6:45AM and meet back at BGIS 7:30AM-1PM Sign Up Link
- Wednesday, July 31st - BGIS New Family Orientation (Families New to Hoover) 8:30-9:30AM
- Wednesday, July 31st - BGIS Popsicles & Playground Event (all current & new students/families)-- 9:30-11:00 AM
- Thursday, August 1st - Online Fee Pay Portal Opens for all who have registered online
- Monday, August 5th - Teachers will email parents to identify the child's teacher/s for 2019-20 school year
- Tuesday, August 6th - BGIS Meet the Teacher Event (all students/families)- 8:00-9:30 AM
- Drop off school supplies
- Pre-arranged Packs will be delivered directly to your room Supply List Link
- Get carpool numbers and carpool tags
- Meet the teachers & staff
- Check out student lockers, halls, classrooms, and school
- Thursday, August 8th- First Student Day 8AM
Letter Writing Program
We are kicking off a letter/note of encouragement campaign, so that each student on the first day will have a letter to help get them excited about the new school year. The letter can be a short note written by a parent, grandparent, family friend, etc. Letters can be dropped off at the school's front office anytime between now and the first day of school. These notes will be shared with the students by the teacher during a classroom activity on the first day of school. This will help as we work to build a positive classroom and school experience here at BGIS.
Letters should be placed in an envelope and the student's name and grade clearly marked on the outside. There will be designated spots to collect these at the Popsicle/ Playground Event and at Meet the Teacher. Feel free to write these at the event or go ahead and have your note ready to bring by anytime now Mon-Thur 7:30AM-4:00PM.
Thanks, and we are looking forward to a wonderful new school year!