Alabama First-Class Pre-K Registration Details
26 June 2019
REGISTRATION HAS NOW CLOSED.
(HCS) - Alabama’s nationally-recognized First Class Pre-K Program has come to five Hoover City Schools. Acceptance to the voluntary program will be through a random drawing to be held July 12, 2019. Hoover City Schools' First-Class Pre-K Program will be tuition-free for the 2019-2020 School Year! Pre-K registration began June 19, 2019, and ran through July 5, 2019.
- Random drawing date: 07/12/2019 at Central Office (Green Valley ES [9:30a]; Greystone ES [10:00a]; Gwin ES [10:30a]; Rocky Ridge ES [11:00a]; South Shades Crest ES [11:30a])
- No transportation will be provided for Pre-K Program
- YMCA After School Academy will be provided (at parent expense)
- Enrollment is open to all children four years of age on or before 9/2/19 who are residents of the city of Hoover (children eligible for kindergarten are ineligible for Pre-K)
- Enrollees must provide a copy of child’s birth certificate (may be uploaded into the online pre-registration site or submitted directly to local school/program)
- Enrollees must provide proof of Hoover City residence – either a current utility bill or copy of a lease or mortgage (may be uploaded into online pre-registration site or submitted directly to local school/program)
- HCS Zoning Requirements: must live in the city of Hoover (including HCS employees); Pre-K program must be located in your middle-school feeder pattern. HCS Jefferson County Pre-K Classrooms: Green Valley ES, Gwin ES, Rocky Ridge ES, and South Shades Crest ES. HCS Shelby County Pre-K Classroom: Greystone ES.
- Pre-K school hours: 7:30a-2:15p
- Upon enrollment, child’s immunization record must be provided
- No child will be denied participation on basis of income, sex, race, color, national origin, or disability
Parent/custodial parent does not have to be present for the random drawing. Households will receive an email regarding acceptance or waitlisted/pending status.