COVID-19 School Closure Update
Trace Crossings Elementary School Community:
Good morning. All of us at TCES hope you and your families are well during this time. We all miss seeing our students' smiling faces each day. Please extend a warm hug, high five, or fist bump from all of us.
TCES administration and district leaders have been working together to develop instructional plans for students as a result of the COVID-19 school closure.
TCES teachers have been planning and developing optional lessons and activities to help students remain engaged in learning for the time we are away from school. Should you choose to explore student lessons, please wait for communication from our teachers by email. You can expect to receive an email message from them very soon.
While our schools and offices are closed, we would like you to be aware of the information included below.
- Hoover City Schools will remain closed through Friday, April 3rd. We urge you to stay safe and follow the recommendations put forth by public health officials regarding COVID-19.
- All student devices (Chromebooks) are monitored through our online monitoring system. Please be sure students know that Chromebooks are to be used to educational purposes. Students should also be reminded of the Acceptable Use Agreement. Students should only engage in "Safe Searches" and are encouraged to be good "digital citizens" while schools are closed. If students engage in any digital content that school officials deem to be unsafe or inappropriate, parents will be notified.
- Student meals are available at Green Valley Elementary School. Meals will be provided March 16-20 and March 30-April 3 between 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. These will be drive-up, grab-and-go bagged meals. Green Valley Elementary School is located at 3200 Old Columbiana Road Hoover, AL 35226.
- If your family is in need during school closure, we encourage you to contact our school counselor Mrs. Terri Coleman by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Mrs. Coleman and our school partners, Hoover Helps and Neighborhood Bridges, will work to assist families who are in need during this time.
- Teacher communication with students will take place through various HCS approved online platforms. Students can expect to receive class announcements and voluntary assignments through Google Classroom, Google Sites, Clever, See Saw, etc. until further notice. Class assignments during school closure (through April 3rd) are completely optional. Students are not required to complete assignments during this time. However, should families choose to engage students in learning, our teachers have prepared content for students.
Attached to this email, you will find information related to COVID-19 Mental Health tips and resources. We encourage all parents to review this information.
Please know our TCES team cares about you, our students, and our families. We will continue to communicate with you as information is made available to us. We hope you continue to be encouraged, healthy, and well during this time.
Trace Crossings Elementary School