Enrolling in HCS
Hoover, a city of approximately 87,000 residents, forms part of the Birmingham Metropolitan Area (1.2 million). As a suburb on the move, Hoover boasts a number of attractive amenities: top-notch public safety and city services; award-winning parks and green spaces; and an array of shopping destinations.
Reflecting the rich diversity of our community, our school system proudly offers wide-ranging options when it comes to pre-K-12 public education. We hold our teachers to the highest standards of excellence and provide opportunities for all students to succeed.
If you are looking to enroll your child in Hoover City Schools, please keep in mind the following requirements when enrolling a student:
1. Proof of residency (either a lease or recorded deed)
2. Current utility bill (water, power or gas)
3. Birth certificate
4. Social Security card (voluntary)
5. State of Alabama ImmPrint Immunization Record
6. Withdrawal slip from previous school (for grades 9 – 12)
7. Custody documents, if applicable
For other questions, please contact a school directly or reach the Board of Education at 205-439-1000
You may begin online registration at the links below AFTER you have received a Snapcode:
In what school zone do I live?