Clubs: The following clubs are available during our monthly Club Day. Students signed up for clubs, and each club is led by a Bluff Park faculty or staff member.
- All Things STEM! – Each week, students do a different, engaging and fun STEM activity which allows them to participate in the engineering design process. This club is open to K, 1st and 2nd grade students.
Sponsors: Laci Holden and Mary Isaminger
- Bluff Park Quilts – Learning basic hand and machine stitches, students will create their very own quilts in this club. Open to 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade students.
Sponsor: Meg Copeland
- Board Gamers – A club for students who want to learn fun and challenging board games, both competitive and cooperative! Open to 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade students.
Sponsor: John Keyton
- Book and Cook – Cook fun foods that correlate with a picture book. Open to K, 1st, and 2nd grade students.
Sponsors: Laura Bannon and Beth Fritschi
- Book Reading and Writing Club – Students can work on creating their own writings and publish them. Time will be provided for students to read to become inspired in their own writings. Open to 4th and 5th grade students.
Sponsor: Rhonda Vines
- Circus Ninja Club – Students perform explorative movements to improve future Ninja skills and Circus movements. Upper body stability/strength/coordination/body awareness on playground/mats/exercise ball. Open to students from K-5th
Sponsor: Jennifer Ault
- Coding Club – Students will learn Python coding language by programming a Microbit on their Chrombits. Open to students in 3rd, 4th, and 5th
Sponsor: Karen Darroch
- Coding Club – Students will us Code.org curriculum. Students can learn through plugged and unplugged lessons how to code and apply coding to everyday activities. Open to students from K-5th
Sponsors: Charley Anne Sanderson and Julie Erwin
- Crafting 101 – We will make all kinds of crafts, including: bracelets, sewing designs, making pillows, making loom designs, etc. Open to students from 2nd – 5th
Sponsors: DeDe Shipp and Kathryne Flippo
- Creative Stations – This club will combine reading, music, legos, writing, and team building activities. Open to students from K-2nd
Sponsor: Terry Lamar
- Disney Explorers – We will do different activities having to do with Disney (create snowflakes, design trolls, write letters to Disney World, listen to Disney music, etc.) Open to students from K-5th
Sponsors: Jennifer Dolihite and Mary Katherine Guy
- Einstein Math Puzzle Hour – Have fun with challenging math puzzles! Open to 5th Grade Students.
Sponsor: Marianne McGriff
- Exercise Fitness Club – Students will learn and discuss basic exercise concepts and principles. Nutrition and its correlation to these fitness concepts will be explored. Students will have the opportunity to create individualized fitness programs based on their own goals. These concepts and understandings can help lead to a journey of lifelong fitness and activity, as well as physical literacy.
- F.I.T. (Friends in Training) – We will exercise, talk about healthy food options and ways to live a healthy lifestyle. We will do things like work the students out, discuss how to make healthy snacks, and create a poster with information on healthy choices. They can also create videos for broadcast. Open to students in 4th and 5th grades.
Sponsors: Erica Adams, Beth Presley, and Elaine Stewart
- Food Art – Students will create food art with easy-to-follow recipes. Learn about food and cooking in a fun environment. Open to studetns in kindergarten through 2nd
Sponsors: Chelsea Bayko and Kerry Eford
- Food Network, Jr. – Students will improve culinary skills by preparing and tasting fun foods Open to students in 3rd, 4th, and 5th
Sponsors: Vicki Garner and Russell Sirmans
- For the Love of the Game – We will educate and inspire sports enthusiasts with hands-on, interactive demonstrations, activities, and skills practice led by local coaches/athletes. Students will be exposed to lessons of leadership, teamwork, perseverance, sportsmanship, humility, etc., through storytelling by local speakers/coaches/athletes. There will also be an emphasis on healthy living through active lifestyles. Open to 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th
Sponsors: Brooke Gossett and Adriann Stone
- French Club - We will learn some French and enjoy the Joie de Vivre. Open to 3rd, 4th, and 5th
Sponsors: Katie Collins and Sally Kellman
- Happy Hearts – Happy Hearts is a community service club. We will fix sandwiches for the homeless, make cards for nursing home residents, and promote community service in the building. Open to kindergarten through 5th
Sponsors: Jan Curtis and Beth Marcum
- Junky to Funky – Turning recycled items into art! Open to grades 3 through 5.
Sponsors: Shawn Argo and Miranda Riley
- Keep it Moving – We will learn and practice routines with jump ropes, balls and hula hoops. A fun way for students to get moving and show off their skills. Open to Kindergarten through 5th
Sponsor: Christy Selman
- Lego Club – Building with Legos. Open to Kindergarten through 2nd
Sponsors: Kim Warren and Becky Vilseck
- Maker Space – We will use the maker space in new ways each time. Together we will have fun inventing, creating and learning more about maker spaces! Open to kindergarten through 2nd
Sponsors: Allison Dolan and Julie Self
- Math Explorers – Counting Collections of Items with Younger Students. Open to kindergarten through 5th
Sponsor: Carrie Clements
- Origami – Students will work on a long-term origami project for school. Open to grades 3 through 5.
Sponsors: Delois Black, Debbie Pope, and Laura Powell
- Reader’s Theater/Drama – Studetns will explore reading expression as they perform various reader’s theater skits. They will have the opportunity to perform in front of an audience of their peers. Open to grades 4 and 5.
Sponsors: Sally Payne and Andrea Timberlake
- Robots – Take a look at the working parts of a robot and program one to do what you want it to. Open to grades 3 through 5.
Sponsor: Geri Evans
- Show Choir – Students will learn songs and choreographed routines to go along to the music. There will be some solo parts. Open to students in kindergarten through 5th
Sponsors: Maghan Craig and Avery Lieske
- Spanish Club – Learn about Spanish culture, food, and language. Open to students in grades 3-5.
Sponsor: Melany Gaines
- Step It Up – Our group will learn the coolest dances around with a splash of STEP dancing. Open to students from kindergarten through 5th
Sponsors: Lindie Viljoen and Ana Terpo
- Tap Club – We will provide basic instruction of the skill of tap dancing. Open to grades 4 through 5.
Sponsors: Ann Welborn and Christy Bosworth