R.F. Bumpus Middle School will recognize each student as unique and will provide dynamic learning opportunities within an atmosphere of collaboration to empower students to become responsible citizens and life-long learners.
All students are striving for personal excellence in academics and character in a caring, supportive environment.
What We Believe...
R.F. Bumpus Middle School provides a safe atmosphere that fosters the physical and emotional growth of the whole child. R.F. Bumpus Middle School firmly believes in the cooperative effort with the learning community to bridge the transitional years between elementary and high school.
· R.F. Bumpus Middle School firmly believes in the cooperative effort with the learning community to bridge the transitional years between elementary and high school.
· All students can learn.
· Teachers incorporate a variety of teaching styles, strategies, and assessments addressing multiple intelligences while maintaining high expectations for learning.
· Students maximize their learning potential in a positive, welcoming, student-centered environment.
· Students learn best when challenged and actively engaged to become responsible, independent problem solvers.
· Teachers model life-long learning by engaging in continuous, relevant, professional development opportunities leading to the implementation of the most current educational methods.
· The school community embraces cultural diversity so that learners develop mutual respect and understanding of all people and cultures.
· An involved partnership among faculty, administration, students, parents, and other community stakeholders is crucial to the success of the middle school child.
· Good character and citizenship reinforce respect for individuality and social responsibility throughout the community.
· Understanding and implementing the most current trends in education and technology allows the learning community to compete and be prepared in an ever-changing, fast-paced world.