About Gwin Elementary School
Gwin Elementary will establish a strong foundation for lifelong learning for all students by providing opportunities for academic, social, physical, and emotional growth in a child-centered environment. We will use a variety of research-based strategies to ensure that each student reaches his/her maximum potential.
· All children can learn and experience success.
· Instruction and assessment should be multi-faceted and implemented through best practices.
· Children build on prior knowledge, so they will be provided meaningful opportunities to construct their own knowledge through a multitude of experiences.
· An environment that encourages curiosity, risk-taking, and self-expression is essential for learning.
· Cultural diversity, individualism, and compassion for others enhance our environment.
· Continuous improvement is essential to the success of our children, school and community.
· The arts are an essential component in the overall development of our children.
Students should arrive by 7:30 am to begin the day at 7:45 am
Dismissal each day (unless otherwise determined) is at 2:45 pm
Students may not be checked out after 2:15 pm
Please see the Hoover City Schools Calendar for school and office closings.