About Gwin Elementary School
Gwin Elementary will establish a strong foundation for lifelong learning for all students by providing opportunities for academic, social, physical, and emotional growth in a child-centered environment. We will use a variety of research-based strategies to ensure that each student reaches his/her maximum potential.
- All children can learn and experience success.
- Instruction and assessment should be multi-faceted and implemented through best practices.
- Children build on prior knowledge, so they will be provided meaningful opportunities to construct their own knowledge through a multitude of experiences.
- An environment that encourages curiosity, risk-taking, and self-expression is essential for learning.
- Cultural diversity, individualism, and compassion for others enhance our environment.
- Continuous improvement is essential to the success of our children, school and community.
- The arts are an essential component in the overall development of our children.
Last Modified on October 24, 2019