Counseling & Guidance
Hi GV Families! I would like to take a moment to introduce myself to you and explain the role of a professional school counselor. My name is Ms. Kylie Howell and I could not be more excited to be part of the collaborative team at Green Valley. I am truly honored to bring my 7 years experience working as a counselor in schools, agencies, and private practice to this wonderful school. I look forward to partnering together with you to help make this our best year yet.
As part of a comprehensive counseling program, counseling activities include individual or small group counseling, as well as whole class lessons using the Second Step and Core Essential curriculums. Your student may refer him/herself for counseling services or may be referred to counseling by a teacher, staff member, from you as a parent/guardian. To make a referral, you may visit our website or email me anytime. Counseling sessions in a school setting are brief and solution-focused to help your child succeed in all areas of their development.
The Counseling and Guidance Program at Green Valley Elementary School seeks to advance student achievement by addressing the academic, career, and personal/social needs of all students. The Comprehensive Counseling and Guidance Program at GVES is based on the following beliefs:
- All students are unique and capable of learning
- All students have the right to respect and dignity as human beings, and to receive guidance and counseling services without regard to person, character, belief, or practice
- All students have the right to participate in activities that promote self-direction and self development
- All students have the right to make choices and accept responsibility for choices made
- All school counseling and guidance programs are an integral part of the student’s total educational experience
As a stakeholder in our program, your feedback is imperative. I ask all parents, teachers, and students to complete a short needs assessment (found below) to shape a relevant program for our students. I appreciate your time and input. I look forward to collaborating and working with you this year.
Kylie Howell M.Ed., NCC