Counseling & Guidance
Hi GVES Families! My name is Sarah Mangham and I am the school counselor at GV. I am thrilled to be part of this awesome school working with students, families, faculty and staff, and the Hoover community. I look forward to partnering with you to make this the best year yet!
As part of a comprehensive counseling program, counseling activities include individual or small group counseling, as well as whole class lessons using the Second Step and Core Essentials curriculum programs. Your child may refer her/himself for counseling services or may be referred to counseling by a teacher, staff member, or from you as a parent/guardian. To make a referral, you may visit our website or email me at any time. Counseling sessions in a school setting are brief and solution-focused to help your child succeed in all areas of their development.
The Counseling and Guidance Program at Green Valley ELementary School seeks to advance student achievement by addressing the academic, career, and personal/social needs of all students. The Comprehensive Counseling and Guidance Program at GVES is based on the following beliefs:
- All students are unique and capable of learning
- All students have the right to respect and dignity as human beings, and to receive counseling and guidance services with regard to person, character, belief, or practice
- All students have the right to participate in activities that promote self-direction and self-development
- All students have the right to make choices and accept responsibility for choices made
- All school counseling and guidance programs are an integral part of the students total educational experience
As a stakeholder in our program, your feedback is crucial. I ask all parents, teachers, and students to complete a short needs assessment (visit links to the right) to shape a revelant program for our students. I appreciate your time and input. I look forward to collaborating with you this year.
Sarah Mangham, M.A, M.S, NCC