What We Do....
Welcome to the Student Support Services Department for Hoover City Schools. We are made up of licensed counselors and social workers. We provide district-wide support to assist students and their families. Some of these supports include:
- Mental Health/Well-Being Resources
- Parent engagement/support
- Prevention/Intervention Program
- Mental Health Professional Development (Faculty/Staff training)
- Individual/Group Counseling
- Hoover Emotional Assistance Response Team (H.E.A.R.T.)
- District Initiatives (#BeKindWeek/Pink Shirt Day, Suicide Prevention Week, Hoover R.I.S.E. Mentoring, etc.)
Members of our team (listed below) work collaboratively with schools, families, students, and community partners to support behavioral and academic success for every child while creating welcoming, safe environments.
Impact Family Strengthening Program
Hoover City Schools is partnering with IMPACT Family Counseling to provide the Family Strengthening Program. This program will be offered for free to families with middle or high school students. The program consists of one evening session a week for six weeks total and will be offered multiple times throughout the school year. If you are interested in participating or learning more about this opportunity, please contact your child’s counselor.
Meet Our Team...
- Berry MS Feeder Zone
- Bumpus MS Feeder Zone
- Crossroads School
- Hoover High School
- Simmons MS Feeder Zone
- Spain Park High School
- Casey Cain
- Ashley Fuqua
- LeAnna Hurst
- Jennifer McCombs
- Brian Rodgers
- Kathryn Stewart
- Kandace Vanwanderham