Shades Mountain PTO
Everything you wanted to know but didn't know who to ask!
Why join SMES PTO
- Provides the perfect opportunity to be active in your child's education.
- Helps you stay up-to-date on school news and events.
- Allows you to play a fundamental role in the success of our school community.
What does SMES PTO do?
- PTO provides financial resources to support all areas of the instructional process.
- PTO provides "extra hands" volunteering service to support a positive school climate.
- PTO serves as an outreach to our community, helping coordinate and participate in school/district/city special events.
Who is involved with PTO?
- PTO is made up of EVERY parent and EVERY teacher that joins.
- PTO goal for participation is 100%! We need YOU in order to reach this goal!
- PTO has an elected Executive Board and numerous Committee Heads that help coordinate a wonderful parent volunteer force, working together to support our students and teachers.
How do I get involved with PTO?
- Join PTO by paying family PTO dues ($10) at registration.
- Volunteer your time! Contact any PTO officer and we'll get you connected to an area for service.
- Choose a committee and sign up to help. You will not be turned down!
- Provide financial donations and be an active participant in fundraisers. Financial support from PTO has assured classroom access to materials and resources during challenging economic times and state funding cuts.
Last Modified on October 25, 2019