• I want to come to Gwin to have lunch with my child. What time does my child's class go to lunch?
    We love when parents visit to eat lunch with their children! We ask that parents not visit for lunch until after Labor Day so that students have time to adjust to school lunch procedures. Read the attached document below to find out your child's lunch time.
     Please note: You cannot sit at the class table with your child and other students. Please sit at the visitors' table by the stage.

    How do I set up a prearranged absence for my child?
    You will need to download the following Anticipated Absence Form at least three days before your planned absence and submit it to Dr. White. Dr. White will then review the form and determine if it meets the criteria for approval. After that, the form will be passed along to your child's teacher so they can attach the work that will be missed, and then it will be returned home with your child. If you have any additional questions after reviewing the form, please feel free to contact us.

    Anticipated Absence Information

    Is my child eligible to ride the bus? What bus can my child ride? Where does my child's bus stop? What time does my child's bus arrive? Etc.
    For all inquiries about bus transportation, please visit the link below. It will take you to Edulog Webquery. Type in your home address to get details about your child's bus.
    Edulog Webquery

    What if there is bad weather close to dismissal and it is not safe for my child to walk home?
    Please note that walkers will become carpool if it is expected to rain hard (especially with lightning) during dismissal.  In this case, we will not dismiss any students as walkers.  All parents will receive a text message 30-60 minutes before dismissal letting you know that we will make this change to our afternoon dismissal procedures.  No changes in transportation will be required for walkers. Remember that all parents should have received a carpool number. As usual, carpool numbers be will necessary to pick-up a child.

    How do I arrange for a change of transportation for my child?
    If your child will be going home a different way, you must make the school aware of this change. You will need to send a note to your child's teacher informing them of how your child will be getting home that day. For example, if your child will be going home on a bus instead of carpool, you will need to put the bus number. That note will then be given to the bus driver once it has been documented in the office. If your child will be going home with another child via carpool, the note must say who your child is going home with and their carpool number. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us.
    Change of Transportation Form

    What is the latest I can check out my child from school?


Last Modified on July 29, 2020