Attendance Procedures and Policies
RF Bumpus Attendance Guidelines
Please email all excuses to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
EXCUSED REASONS FOR ALL DAY ABSENCES AND CHECK-IN/OUTS
(written note required for ALL items below)
- Doctor/Dentist appointment
- Death in the family - immediate family
- Passport ½ or full day
- Anticipated Absence (IF approved by a principal)
- Religious Holiday
UNEXCUSED REASONS FOR ALL DAY ABSENCES AND CHECK-IN/OUTS
- Appointment (without written excuse)
- Family Emergency
- Car trouble/out of gas/ lost keys
- Late/Overslept/No alarm
- Parents running late
- Out of town (unless Anticipated Absence is requested AND approved by a principal)
- Anything NOT listed under Excused reasons above
- Checkout after a field trip
- When a student returns, the student and parent must provide in writing within three (3) days of return to school an excuse which includes the following:
- A written statement from the parent or doctor stating the reason for the absence
- The date of the absence(s)
- The parent's signature
ANTICIPATED ABSENCE GUIDELINES
- These forms are to be picked up in the 2nd-floor Attendance Office
- They are to be completed and turned in to the 2nd Floor Attendance office no later than 3 days from the first day of the absence request.
- Pre-arranged absence form DOES NOT necessarily guarantee that the absence will be classified as excused.
- Bumpus anticipated absence forms are available for pick only in the 2nd-floor Attendance Office.
For more information about Hoover Attendance policies and procedures, please see pages 8 and 9 in the Student Handbook.